‘Nordic Sky – Storm I” abstract wall art print
From: $140 AUD
This fine art abstract wall print is in beautiful tones of deep blue-grey, with touches of deep green, copper and blush pink. It's a gorgeous choice for a nordic inspired or scandinavian style living area but will work well in any timeless setting. Professionally photographed by fine art printers in Adelaide.
- This is a fine art giclee wall print of an original Kate Fisher painting.
- Printed on beautiful 300 gsm smooth 100% cotton rag acid-free paper using archival quality inks by professional art printers in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Prints have a 5 cm white edge border around the printed artwork. (see 'Sizes' for exact measurements).
- Signed by Kate on the front bottom right in the white border.
- Prints are sold unframed, and are rolled and shipped in a quality art tube.
- Your newly purchased print/s are delicate so please handle with care when opening and avoid touching the printed surface.
Printed Area size + border
- The sizes listed above are for the printed artwork area.
- To help with framing a 2.5cm (1") white border is included on the top and sides and a 3.5 cm (1.4") border along the bottom (for the artists signature).
- The total paper size of your print will be 5 cms (2") wider and 6 cms (2.4") taller than the printed sizes listed above.
- FREE POSTAGE within Australia for print orders over $100.
- FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING for print orders over $100.
- Prints are custom ordered so take 2-3 weeks to arrive
- Each print is carefully made to order by professional art printers, then checked, signed, packed and posted by Kate.
- Prints are sent via Australia Post.
- Tracking details will be sent to your email address once your print is on it’s way.
- Please check your print packaging carefully when it arrives, and should you notice any damage please contact me immediately.
- Your newly purchased print/s are delicate so please handle with care and preferably have a framer unpack them.
- For the best possible longevity for your prints, I recommend you take them to your local professional framer.
- If you plan to frame your prints yourself, the best place to purchase your frames is still your local framing shop.
- They will often stock ‘ready made’ frames in standard sizes (up to 60 x 90 cms) that will be good quality without the price of a custom frame.
Other ready made frames..
- Norsu Interiors in Melbourne stock locally made frames up to 61 x 91 cms.
- Spotlight stores have their ‘Frame Depot’ range of frames available up to the 60 x 90 size. These are a solid choice for a budget frame and come in white, black and natural (oak effect).The glazing is glass. Generally, their 60 x 90 size is around $35.00.
- IKEA are a popular choice for their range of frames. Keep in mind all of their larger frames come with a thin plastic front ‘glazing’. It’s great for safety – but is very easily scratched and very flimsy.
- I would highly recommend purchasing a custom mat from your local framing shop (even if you plan on using a budget frame).
- The mats in budget frames are often made from paper with acids that will damage your print over time and cause awful ‘yellow’ stains.
What to look out for...
- When you want your prints to last as long as possible, acid,water and sunlight are your enemies! These will damage your print over time. So...
- You want an acid free (preferably archival) mat and backing. MDF will also eventually discolour your art so if you do use a frame with MDF backing, try and add a protective acid free layer between that and the art.
- Do not hang your frame in direct sunlight - the UV will fade your print!
- When choosing your frames, look carefully at the corners to make sure all the joins are neat and tight.
- Check that you are happy with the hanging system at the back if you plan to hang your print.
- Decide whether you are after glass or plexiglass (acrylic) for your frame 'glazing'.
- Glass is heavier and can break easily if dropped, but easier to clean.
- Plexiglass (acrylic) is more prone to scratches and static/ dust issues but much lighter/ safer for hanging.
- It's helpful to add some felt 'bumpers' to the back of your frame corners to help prevent the frame scratching your wall.