This website is operated by Kate Fisher Art. The following Terms and Conditions apply to the relationship between Kate Fisher Art and our site’s users.
At all times, any reference to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ throughout the following Terms and Conditions, and this website, refers to Kate Fisher Art.
At all times, any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to our users/customers.
The below Terms and Conditions govern the use of the Kate Fisher Art website. By engaging in our service, you’re assumed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions – and are therefore bound by these Terms and Conditions, at all times, whilst interacting with our brand.
Kate Fisher Art creates original artworks, fine art giclee prints, art posters and various other handcrafted home decor products. We’re all about high-end, unique products and unsurpassed customer service.
If you’d like to chat about our art, ask us about styling advice, or anything else, get in touch with us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, if we deem him/her to be misusing our service, or using our service in an unlawful manner.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to make alterations to our service, products or prices, at any time, without notice or consequence.
Once you know which pieces you would like from our website, place them in your shopping cart by clicking the “Add to cart” button on each product you’d like to purchase. Once the products are in your cart you can begin our secure checkout process.
During checkout, you can create a Kate Fisher Art account with us or checkout as a guest. Creating an account lets us get to know you better so we can make future orders much quicker for you. An account also allows you to keep track of your order history.
All prices in our store are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD). Our site does not directly process any payments, so none of your payment details are viewed, processed or stored by us or our website servers.
Your payment options include:
- Bank Transfer (within Australia),
- Afterpay (within Australia for orders under $1000), and
- Paypal (available for Australian and International orders).
We use PayPal for all credit card payments as it is one of the safest options available on the internet. Note that you don’t need a PayPal account to checkout and pay with PayPal. PayPal accepts all major credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express.
When making direct deposit payment via bank transfer, please ensure you use your order number as a reference, otherwise we can not always match payments to orders.
We can’t be held responsible for any delays in payment clearance and we can’t ship orders until we have received payment in full. We also can’t promise the availability of your desired stock if payment doesn’t clear or can’t be made for any reason.
Please double check your order before finalising the checkout, because once your order is confirmed, we’re unable to accept cancellations. We’ll be happy to assist you in any way we can in the selection of your items.
DELIVERY TIMEFRAMES + POSTAGE
Kate Fisher Art ships orders worldwide. We offer free worldwide standard, trackable postage on all retail print orders totalling AUD$100 or more (both fine art giclee prints and posters).All original art has postage specified based on the size of the piece and where it is being delivered.
Original Art on canvas:
- Unless previously arranged, for shipping within Australia, all of our original art on canvas is shipped on it’s stretcher frame and is ready to hang.
- Original art will be carefully packaged with layers of bubble wrap and carefully packed inside a cardboard shipping box.
- Original art usually leaves our studio within 3-7 days from order date.
- Depending on location, postage often takes between 5-10 days.
- Smaller works are sent via Australia Post and all larger works are sent via Pack and Send.
- All original artworks automatically include shipping insurance.
- For international orders, unless previously arranged in writing, all original works on canvas are taken off their stretcher frames and shipped rolled. This is to both provide better protection for the work and also reduce the extremely high shipping costs of larger works.
- Works posted in this way will need to be taken to a professional framer to be re-stretched before hanging.
Fine Art Giclee prints:
- All of our fine art giclee prints are made to order.
- Once you have placed and paid for your order, these are professionally printed by specialist art printers in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Due to the ultra high quality method of giclee printers, printing is slower than other traditional printing methods, and takes 7-10 days for our printer to complete orders.
- Once collected, we inspect each print, and Kate personally signs each one before packing.
- Fine art print orders are shipped rolled in protective boxes or tubes, via Australia Post.
- Within Australia, please allow up to three weeks for your order to arrive (although it is often much quicker, generally arriving in 10 – 14 days).
- For orders outside of Australia, we can not guarantee a delivery time. Although most orders reach our customers within 3-4 weeks from date of order, shipping times vary greatly depending on the country.
- Once we have shipped your order, you will receive a notification email with tracking details.
- Unless otherwise specified, our poster prints are usually in stock at time of order.
- Once payment has been made, your poster prints will be packed and posted within 3-5 business days.
- Within Australia, please allow 7-10 days for your poster print order to arrive.
- For poster print orders outside of Australia, we can not guarantee a delivery time. Although most orders reach our customers within 2-3 weeks from date of order, shipping times vary greatly depending on the country.
Once your order has been shipped, Kate Fisher Art cannot accept responsibility for loss or any damage to your package. Please note that Kate Fisher Art can not be held responsible for postage delays that occur after your order has left our care.
Australia Wide Postage
If you encounter any issues with the service provided by Australia Post, including non-delivery of a parcel or if any part of your order is damaged during transit, you can contact them directly. You can use your tracking number to lodge an enquiry with Australia Post to locate your missing parcel.
If any item in your parcel was damaged during postage and you would like to submit a claim for compensation with Australia post, we recommend doing so within a 48 hour period after receiving your order. Please also notify us of the claim so that we can contact you with any communication Australia Post provides us regarding your order. We can be contacted via email at email@example.com. Kindly include photographs of the damaged item in its original packaging and details of your claim with Australia Post. Please note: they will only allow compensation claims for 30 days after receipt of your parcel.
While Kate Fisher Art cannot take any responsibility for lost or damaged mail once it has left our care, we are here to help. If you require any assistance with any of the above, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
When international shipping is arranged, the customer is responsible for all customs/duties fees, if applicable. International postage is sent via Australia Post regular air mail. Please allow up to 30 business days for your order to arrive to you from Adelaide, AU.
The above mentioned shipping times are just a guideline and in many cases your order will arrive sooner. However, we’re not responsible for delays in shipping times due to postage service delays or any other delays that stem directly from circumstances beyond our control.
Please allow the shipping time-frames stated above before contacting us about your order. Your order won’t be replaced before these shipping times have lapsed. If your order has not arrived after these times, please contact Australia Post with the tracking number you received when you placed your order. If they are unable to assist with your issue, please contact us at Kate Fisher Art and we’ll do our best to help.
IMPORT DUTIES AND TAXES
If your order is to be shipped outside Australia, we assume that you’re aware of any import duties or taxes that may apply in the country your order is being shipped to. Kate Fisher Art will not be responsible for the payment of any such costs, nor will we be responsible for replacing goods that may be seized by customs in your country.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
Kate Fisher Art cannot take any responsibility for lost or damaged mail once it has left our care. We also don’t offer refunds or exchanges on change of mind orders.
Lots of love and care goes into packaging orders for shipment, and each item is inspected thoroughly before it’s sent.
If your item arrives damaged please contact us within 48 hours with your order number and photographs and descriptions of the damage exactly as they have arrived to you. We’ll assess damage on a case-by-case basis, and it’s at our discretion to determine whether an item can be returned and replaced or repaired on the basis of damage. Furthermore, we’ll refuse a damaged return if you haven’t sent us an email notification and appropriate corresponding photographs within the specified time period after receiving your order.
Where replacement is deemed necessary by our team, your initial item must be returned to us in an unused condition, including all original packaging. All return shipping costs are payable by the customer. We recommend that you carefully repackage your item to avoid any damage during delivery and consider using tracked or registered mail carrier to track your item for your own peace of mind.
Please retain proof of postage until we have confirmed your replacement has been processed.
We reserve the right to refuse returns if they don’t meet the conditions above.
- Refunds and replacements will not be offered if the customer:
- simply changes their mind
- decides they do not like the purchase
- decides they have no use for it
- damages the goods by not handling carefully as per our Product Care, and/or mounting items securely to surfaces
If you request a return of an item purchased through Afterpay, and this is deemed appropriate, we will offer you a store credit only. Please note, your personal agreement with Afterpay will still stand and you will continue to pay any scheduled repayments. Kate Fisher Art is unable to offer partial refunds/store credits. The store credit will be created for the total value of the item(s) returned. For any repayment queries please contact Afterpay on 1300 100 729.
If your order is incorrect for any reason, please contact us within 48 hours with your order number and photographs and descriptions of what you have received.
From time to time we may offer promotions including, but not limited to, discount codes, vouchers or giveaways.
These promotions will only be valid for specified periods, and any and all conditions must be complied with in order to successfully redeem or qualify for promotional benefits.
We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or modify any such promotions, at any time without notice or consequence. Vouchers won as part of promotional competitions are not valid with any other offer, and are applicable to purchase prices only (excluding shipping costs).
While we will never share your personal details, from time to time we may use photos and/or videos of our products with your images/photos/logos on them for promotion and marketing on our digital channels (including, but not limited to: our website, our social media, our emails). You can request for products with your images/photos/logos not to be used for our promotional purposes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and a specific request not to include any of the pieces from your order in our image/video promotions and marketing.
We take care to ensure that the images and descriptions of our products are accurate. We can’t, however, be liable for differences in colour or appearance that may be attributed to variations in calibration of your computer monitor or handheld device as compared to the printed colour of our products.
Kindly note, actual products may vary slightly in colour from those shown on your monitor. We do our best to display our products as accurately as possible in photographs and video, however we cannot guarantee the identical match of these colours. If you wish to have a sample of any material posted to you prior to ordering, please contact us at email@example.com.
In addition to this, because some of our items are handmade, they may differ slightly from product to product. Any variation that may exist in colour, appearance or otherwise, is not considered a fault and is instead reflective of the uniqueness of each item.
Please take note the following care instructions to ensure the longevity of your Kate Fisher Art products.
Original art on canvas
- All original works on canvas are provided with a protective satin acrylic varnish, and d rings with hanging wire attached to the back.
- Ensure you have determined the safest method for hanging your painting securely on your specific wall type. Hanging methods vary depending on whether your wall is plasterboard, brick, timber or other.If you are unsure, please seek advice from a professional.
- Artworks do not like direct sun – so please be mindful of where you hang your art. Direct UV light will damage the paint and eventually lead to faded colours.
- Artworks also do not like high humidity – so bathrooms or other highly humid areas are not ideal and will damage your painting over time.
- Remove build up of dust regularly by wiping with a clean, soft, damp cloth.
Fine Art Giclee Prints
- Kate Fisher Art fine art giclee prints are acid free, archival quality prints and will last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Fine art prints do not like direct sun, moisture (humidity), dust/ dirt or acid. So please do not hang them in direct sun or in a bathroom. They also need to be framed with a protective glazing (glass or acrylic barrier) to protect them from dust, moisture and acid.
- To ensure your print’s longevity, it is highly recommended that you have your print professionally framed using a UV protective glazing and acid free, archival quality framing materials.
- If you plan on framing your print yourself, please note the following:
- Never touch the surface of your print. Your fingers will leave residue on the printed surface that with time, will discolour and damage your print.
- When handling your print, wash your hands thoroughly first, and touch only the very edges of the print (the white border).
- Cheap frames are made from cheap materials – and are not acid free. Over time, the acid in your frame (including mdf backing board, and cheap mount boards) will damage and discolour your print.
- Use only 100% acid free mounting and matting materials.
Art Poster Prints
- For the longest life for your poster, all of the care instructions listed above for fine art giclee prints apply equally to poster prints.
- Your prints will always be better protected when framed behind glass or acrylic, but if you choose to use wooden poster hangers or something similar, we suggest gently wiping off dust regularly with a soft clean cloth (not wet!) and hanging your posters out of reach of children to prevent curious fingers from tearing your poster.
- Do not hang posters in direct sun or in a bathroom. The water and UV light will damage them quickly.
We don’t offer a warranty period for any of our products. We encourage you to take all reasonable precautions to ensure the long-life and quality of your items. Please contact us at enquires if you require any further information regarding the long-term care of your particular product.
Unless previously agreed upon in a contractual licensing agreement, all artwork including but not limited to original paintings, fine art giclee prints and posters remain the copyrighted material of Kate Fisher Art. This content may not be reproduced, re-published or disseminated in whole or in part without the express consent of Kate Fisher Art. The use of our intellectual property in relation to any business or for the advancement of any commercial venture, or otherwise, is strictly forbidden.
Action may be taken against any person or persons who is found to be misusing our intellectual property.
Kate Fisher Art uses social media channels to update our customers about our brand, our products, and our promotions.
We encourage everyone to join us on these platforms. If you do join us on social media, please be aware that we have specific standards of conduct and behaviour.
We welcome all kinds of comments and thoughts – supportive, opposing, critical, etc., as long as they’re made in the spirit of constructive and civilised dialogue. Please use polite language.
Please do not re-post our images without permission. Any image re-posted from our website or social media must be credited to us. We may refuse access to our social media for any person that repeatedly misuses our images.
CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Kate Fisher Art is always evolving, and as such, we may occasionally make alterations to our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to make such modifications without notice or consequence.
Any changes to our processes and procedures that will affect our Terms and Conditions and therefore our customers, will be published on our website and will take immediate effect from their time of publication.
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
These Terms and Conditions are current as of July 2019. If you have any questions, concerns or simply require further information about Kate Fisher Art, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to assist you.