“Sage For Days I”
Inspiration + colours
My Sage for Days artworks were created as a set of two paintings, inspired by the beautiful home of Tarina from Oh Eight Oh Nine – and all of the gorgeous bouquets of flowers that often fill her home.
They contain a wide range of beautiful colours from sage and olive greens to blue greys, soft pinks and tiny bursts of mustard yellow. It’s a gorgeous choice for a nordic inspired or scandinavian style bedroom but will work well in any timeless setting.
The original paintings were professionally photographed by fine art printers using a super high resolution specialist art camera – so the prints are amazing quality and are both available in sizes up to 60 x 90 cms. They are sized to easily fit in ready made frames.
The first two images in the gallery are taken by Tarina of Oh.Eight.Oh.Nine and are of the original paintings above her double bed. The original paintings were 18 x 24 inches or approximately 46 x 61 cms.
The closest print sizes to these are the A2 (42 x 59.4 cms) 40 x 50 cms or 50 x 70 cms.
Please keep in mind if you have a queen or king size bed you will likely want to go for the 50 x 70 cm size or bigger.
Are you wanting to buy the pair?
Please note the product above is to buy just ONE print titled “Sage For Days I”. If you would like to buy the second print the “Sage For Days II” can be purchased here.
- This is a fine art giclee wall print of an original Kate Fisher painting.
- Printed on beautiful 300 gsm smooth 100% cotton rag acid-free paper using archival quality inks by professional art printers in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Prints have a 5 cm white edge border around the printed artwork. (see 'Sizes' for exact measurements).
- Signed by Kate on the front bottom right in the white border.
- Prints are sold unframed, and are rolled and shipped in a quality art tube.
- Your newly purchased print/s are delicate so please handle with care when opening and avoid touching the printed surface.
Printed Area size + border
- The sizes listed above are for the printed artwork area.
- To help with framing a 2.5cm (1") white border is included on the top and sides and a 3.5 cm (1.4") border along the bottom (for the artists signature).
- The total paper size of your print will be 5 cms (2") wider and 6 cms (2.4") taller than the printed sizes listed above.
- FREE POSTAGE within Australia for print orders over $100.
- FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING for print orders over $100.
- Prints are custom ordered so take 2-3 weeks to arrive
- Each print is carefully made to order by professional art printers, then checked, signed, packed and posted by Kate.
- Prints are sent via Australia Post.
- Tracking details will be sent to your email address once your print is on it’s way.
- Please check your print packaging carefully when it arrives, and should you notice any damage please contact me immediately.
- Your newly purchased print/s are delicate so please handle with care and preferably have a framer unpack them.
- For the best possible longevity for your prints, I recommend you take them to your local professional framer.
- If you plan to frame your prints yourself, the best place to purchase your frames is still your local framing shop.
- They will often stock ‘ready made’ frames in standard sizes (up to 60 x 90 cms) that will be good quality without the price of a custom frame.
Other ready made frames..
- Norsu Interiors in Melbourne stock locally made frames up to 61 x 91 cms.
- Spotlight stores have their ‘Frame Depot’ range of frames available up to the 60 x 90 size. These are a solid choice for a budget frame and come in white, black and natural (oak effect).The glazing is glass. Generally, their 60 x 90 size is around $35.00.
- IKEA are a popular choice for their range of frames. Keep in mind all of their larger frames come with a thin plastic front ‘glazing’. It’s great for safety – but is very easily scratched and very flimsy.
- I would highly recommend purchasing a custom mat from your local framing shop (even if you plan on using a budget frame).
- The mats in budget frames are often made from paper with acids that will damage your print over time and cause awful ‘yellow’ stains.
What to look out for...
- When you want your prints to last as long as possible, acid,water and sunlight are your enemies! These will damage your print over time. So...
- You want an acid free (preferably archival) mat and backing. MDF will also eventually discolour your art so if you do use a frame with MDF backing, try and add a protective acid free layer between that and the art.
- Do not hang your frame in direct sunlight - the UV will fade your print!
- When choosing your frames, look carefully at the corners to make sure all the joins are neat and tight.
- Check that you are happy with the hanging system at the back if you plan to hang your print.
- Decide whether you are after glass or plexiglass (acrylic) for your frame 'glazing'.
- Glass is heavier and can break easily if dropped, but easier to clean.
- Plexiglass (acrylic) is more prone to scratches and static/ dust issues but much lighter/ safer for hanging.
- It's helpful to add some felt 'bumpers' to the back of your frame corners to help prevent the frame scratching your wall.
This fine art abstract wall print is in beautiful neutral tones of deep grey-blue, copper, and a touch of blush pink. It's a gorgeous choice for a nordic inspired or scandinavian style living area but will work well in any timeless setting.